We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Trillium grandiflora "flora plena"  (Read 336 times)

TC

• Roving Reporter
Trillium grandiflora "flora plena"
« on: June 12, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »
My Trillium - Ian Christies finest -has now got too big for its allocated space. It produced 15 flowers and is now growing under a nearby Rhododendron.  When is the best time to lift it and can I safely separate the plant as my daughter covets it !
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Trillium grandiflora "flora plena"
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 07:54:58 PM »
You can do it now , Tom.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."

angie

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 11:01:33 PM »
I have been splitting mine today and potting them up till I can find a space in the garden. They don’t seem to mind. Saying this it took me years to pick up the courage to do this.

Angie  :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

TC

• Roving Reporter
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 01:37:39 PM »
I will try it tomorrow when the gales die down.
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 08:47:38 PM »
I've just received this message from a  Czech grower - can anyone help him?

Dear friends,
I would like to wish you a nice Christmas and New Year before. My great hobby is the cultivation of plants in my garden. Plants grow for their pleasure not for sale. My favorite of the plant kingdom is in my garden the game lot on which I grow plants of the genus Trillium. Among other cultivars, I also have different clones of the genus Trillium grandiflorum var. "Snowbunting: I found on your website a photo of the plant called Trillium grandiflorum var" Flore Pleno ", which I have been very pleased with, and I would therefore like to ask you whether it would be possible to get two seedlings of this plant and under what conditions I'm sorry to bother you like this but as a plant friend you will understand it when something keeps you so you show the effort to get it Thank you for your understanding and with many greetings

Ing. Tomáš Růžička
Vodárenská 2384
272 01 Kladno
Czech Republic
e-mail: ruzicka@cermat.CZ
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."

In Association with Amazon.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942