Bulbs > Bulbs General

Erythronium 2019

(1/13) > >>

David Nicholson:
The first of my season Erythronium dens-canis 'Snowflake'. I did wonder if I might wait for the flower to open but since we shall be away for a week it's likely to be over by the time we get back.

Maggi Young:
Looks to me as if that flower is a little "stuck" at the tip - give  it a little tweak and it should pop open to let you enjoy it before you leave  :)  (  Unless the  ghastly weather  we've just seen on the forecast for your area has already arrived!!)  :-X

David Nicholson:

--- Quote from: Maggi Young on March 05, 2019, 01:05:13 PM ---Looks to me as if that flower is a little "stuck" at the tip - give  it a little tweak and it should pop open to let you enjoy it before you leave  :)  (  Unless the  ghastly weather  we've just seen on the forecast for your area has already arrived!!)  :-X

--- End quote ---

Chucking it down :(

Herman Mylemans:
Erythronium dens-canis ssp. niveum

Erythronium grandiflorum ssp. grandiflorum was the name on the seed-packet but Erythronium grandiflorum var. pallidum is better I think.

Michael J Barrett:
Hello fellow erythronium fans. Being in the Southern Hemisphere i will sit back and enjoy your posts . Please keep them coming. Late last year I bought some styrofoam boxes containing erythronium from Paul Rumkorf, a contributing members some time back.  I was delighted the bulbs were in good condition and in good numbers , as I bought them on a dormant and on trust. Nothing like assuring your other half, yes there is something in this potting mix, 😂.
I also planted a bagful of revolutum bulbs from Jane Tonkin, that we’re a generous gift for a recent big birthday. Thx Jane.
Hopefully I will get some heavily marked leaves and hours of pleasure in October.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version