We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Click Here To Go To The Main SRGC Site

Author Topic: Shaftesbury's Inaugural Snowdrop Study, Sale & Social Day 15th February 2014  (Read 6003 times)

Martina Kopsieker

Just bought my ticket Emma,  what a great idea and close to home.  My garden is open the day before for the National Garden Scheme, ( Cherubeer Gardens , Devon ) Feb 14th so if anyone is visiting the southwest first  :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Jo,

we are planning to come and visit your garden on the 14. th because we happen to be on Dartmoor again!!

Martina

chasw

• Another passion
    • mini40register
Also now booked in Emma
Chas Whight in Northamptonshire

emma T

• Famous original snowdrop hat lady
Also now booked in Emma

Thank you Chas  :-*
Emma Thick Head Gardener And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

emma T

Should give Maggi a shout out for arranging Melyvn's talk to be sponsered by the SRGC , thank you greatly  :-*  :-*  :-*
Emma Thick Head Gardener And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

emma T

I think we are going to have about 9 different stands selling snowdrops , so should be a good chance to grab that rare bulb you've been after .

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
I think we are going to have about 9 different stands selling snowdrops , so should be a good chance to grab that rare bulb you've been after .

Sounds terrific, Emma - I know that some who were to have been selling at the Gala would love to have been able to attend the Shaftesbury event but just couldn't because of the distances involved.

I am delighted to be supporting Melvyn's talk on behalf of the SRGC Forum   - with the number of galanthophiles ( or 'drop fiends as I prefer to think of them ;)  )  frequenting the Forum, it seemed only right to get behind this great idea to make a snowdrop day to cheer folks up after the Gala cancellation. I think the Shaftesbury Snowdrop Day will be great  fun and I hope that lots of you will support it.  8)

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Worry is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do but it won't get you anywhere.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."

RichardW

• Benington Lordship Gardens
Ordered my ticket this morning, looking froward to it :)

emma T

:-* thank you

art600

• Travels light, travels far
How do I order ticket online and pay using PayPal>   Just seem to go in circles :-[
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

emma T

Which bit ? You add to cart , then click on go to cart      http://www.snowdrops.moonfruit.com/sponsor/4567641189

Then click on either paypal or credit/debit symbol.......that should take you to your paypal login page

Login and  click on the pay now button .

Let me know if your still bamboozled , this is everyone's first attempt at this sort of thing , so sorry if it's a bit wonky lol

art600

• Travels light, travels far
Worked perfectly :)   Problem before was I never reached the correct page.

See you there
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

emma T

Yay , you get a kissy smiley too  :-*

emma T

Hi everyone of you can spread the word around as much as possible  , beginning to worry we won't sell enough tickets to cover our costs .

If anyone can think of other places to spread the word please let me know !

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
It's early days yet, Emma, I'm sure many 'lurkers' only visit the forum from time to time.  You need to organise publicity at the events earlier in the season like the Myddleton House sale, the AGS meeting etc.  And can you arrange to include a note with anyone sending out a catalogue?  I imagine you will have an anxious few weeks then a rush of applications near the date as this second wave of publicity brings in a lot of people who don't read this forum.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:31:38 AM by Alan_b »
Cambridgeshire, UK (not that far from Wandlebury Ring, home of the Wandlebury yellows)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
I would think that there will be a late rush for tickets, Emma- but this forum reaches an enormous number of galanthophiles, with over 1700 reading this thread already - what we need is for all those who talk about wanting to be able to attend such fab events to get involved and actually support this initiative to bring a Gala type event to an open audience.

Come on, 'drop fiends,  galvanise yourselves to support a wonderful snowdrop event  that has tickets available to anyone who wants one - or three!!

Look at the calibre of the speakers - Andy Byfield, John Grimshaw and Melvyn Jope - a trio who are incidentally all forumists   8) and who are worth a journey to hear as individuals, never mind as part of a super day out.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:34:58 AM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Worry is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do but it won't get you anywhere.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."