We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Winter weather begins  (Read 5886 times)

Leena

Re: Winter weather begins
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2019, 01:29:44 PM »
Pictures from the garden today.
Next weekend it will probably rain and then next week cold and snow again.
Leena from south of Finland

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2019, 06:20:50 AM »
Winter in Goa!
A bit cooler than home, only getting to around 30oC but I can put up with that  ;D
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Anders

• InVitroOrchids
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2019, 09:38:51 AM »
A very unusual February here north of Copenhagen. 8 degrees C, sunshine and no snow in the forecast for the rest of the month. The minimum temperature in my garden this winter is only minus 5,4 degrees C. The average of the last 10 years is minus 11,5 degrees C, and increasing, which to my surprise places my garden in USDA zone 8. I have plotted the lowest minimum temperatures for the last 10 years, and a bit of extrapolation indicates that my garden will be subtropical (zone 10) by 2035 and tropical somewhere around 2060  ;D   

Anders

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2019, 02:49:50 PM »
Pleasant. mild day in Aberdeen today - with honey bees and bumble bees in evidence, workingthe  ear;y flowers.
This from the local newspaper online ....

A record temperature set in Aberdeen 122 years ago today has been broken in Aboyne (a town further inland on the  River Dee) today.

The Scottish record for the highest temperature in February of 17.9C (64.22F) was set in the city on February 22 in 1897.

However, the Met Office has confirmed Aboyne broke the record with 18.3C at 13.39pm.

At that time, Kinloss had the second highest temperature in Scotland at 16.6C.

The Met Office said: “At 13.39pm the temperature in Aboyne in Scotland reached 18.3C, which breaks the record last reached in Aberdeen on February 22 1897.”
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2019, 07:26:30 PM »
All those stories about it always being cold in February in Aberdeen........... :o :P ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

brianw

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2019, 06:34:08 PM »
Well into the 20's today on the south facing paving after a night frost. Lets hope there is still some heat in the brick wall by morning to protect the apricot which is well in flower. Lost most of the fruit last year with a late frost, having had a bucket full the previous year. Several bees around and the rain water butt is quite warm.
Edge of Chiltern hills, 25 miles west of London, England

In Association with Amazon.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942