We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Hippeastrum 2019  (Read 1448 times)

luca

Re: Hippeastrum 2019
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 07:57:58 AM »
Hi Jim

no seeds yet

but I've have another clone not yet flowered...

jshields

• Shields Gardens
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 05:07:47 PM »
This is Hippeastrum evansiae, another native to Bolivia.  It is somewhat variable, especially if you include H. anzaldoi as a synonym of evansiae.  For many years, no one could seem to get seeds from evansiae.  It is self-sterile, and there was apparently only one single clone of it in cultivation.  Recently, several other clones have appeared, and we are now able to produce seeds of this nice little species.

643559-0
My #2053 (above and next one below)

643561-1
This one was collected by the late Bill Janetos in Bolivia.

643563-2
This one is not white to the human eye, only to the iPhone camera.  It looks to be a nice light lemon yellow to my eyes.  It came to me from Telos Rare Bulbs by way of William Hoffmann.  My #3010.

Jim
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 05:10:30 PM by jshields »
Jim Shields, Westfield, Indiana, USA
http://www.shieldsgardens.com/Blogs/Garden/index.html

luca

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 10:51:07 AM »
Have produced seeds your Hippeastrums?

jshields

• Shields Gardens
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 12:42:54 PM »
Luca, et al.,

I have produced some seeds, and have sent some out, mainly to folks who have sent me seeds in the past.  Overseas postage has gone up considerably in the last few years, so I do not ship seeds out willy nilly anymore.  I suppose I should send my leeft over seeds to one of the seed distributions.  Hippeastrum seeds do not keep well after the first few months.  So i have not gotten around to sending any to the SeedExs for the last couple of years.

Jim
Jim Shields, Westfield, Indiana, USA
http://www.shieldsgardens.com/Blogs/Garden/index.html

luca

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 08:31:31 PM »
I understand Jim

But It's a pity lost rare seeds.

In the picture H. harrisonii seedlings. Raised from your donation to PBS   ;-) . 2 years ago

In Association with Amazon.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942