Specific Families and Genera > Iris

Syrian onco trip 2011

<< < (9/17) > >>

Lesley Cox:
Iris yebrudii is a SCRUMPTIOUS iris. :D

BULBISSIME:
Same day, after some discussions with our driver who would prefer to go back to Damas....because the previous Iris was not really in a safe place...
Finally, we went to a place to search Iris assadiana, with an incredible wind ( small stones were flying ) that we founded one week too late, only one poor flower left, destroyed by the wind.
This is a really small and stoloniferous species, growing in the desert.

arillady:
Interesting how I.assadiana does form clumps - guess the available nutrients help to dictate this.

Miriam:
Wonderful pictures!
In my opinion, this Iris yebrudii ssp. edgecombii is just another population of Iris damascena and not a different species...

--- Quote from: BULBISSIME on May 08, 2011, 09:44:52 PM ---Same day, after some discussions with our driver who would prefer to go back to Damas....because the previous Iris was not really in a safe place...

--- End quote ---

The entire Middle East is not really a safe zone unfortunately ::)

Hans A.:
Great pictures Thomas and Fred! I really envy you... ;) :o

The pictures of Iris yebrudii ssp. edgecombii are the first good ones I see! Thank you so much for sharing them, from the picyures it is really complicate to see differences between this one and Iris damascena -  it may be a bit darker and it hardly seems to have an Oncoblotch, but who knows how the others are... ::)

Like the picture of Iris assadiana - to see such healthy leaves in such an vegetationfree area is surprisingly!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version